Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 79

You know ... it didn't occur to me until about 9:30 this morning but ...

Getting up at 3 in the morning to get most of my PCP workout in before driving up to Boston. I am NUTS.

Of course, it was a nice morning for it. And the jogger that ran by as I was doing my jump roping - also NUTS.

This trip I remembered my resistance bands. But forgot part of my PCP meals. Sigh. Arrrgh. Put one thing in memory and another thing falls out (and you know it's never one of the useless marbles at the bottom, like what the 20th digit to pi is ...4 but a useful number like bringing your coupons to the store)

Two semi-funny things today (as in, more funny if you are not me):

1. While struggling to carry all my groceries to the car, my pants nearly fell down. Mental note - possibly not a good strategy to postpone the dreaded clothes shopping until I've done changing shape.

2. While doing the 90 second planks, desperate for something to distract me from the trembles, I looked down at my stomach: the remaining saggy fat just hanging there. A bit disturbing that I couldn't see it move... even if I clenched my stomach, even while breathing heavily. Ewwwww!

Decision to not take my indulgence taken out of my hands: I left part of my PCP meals back in Jersey and Mom had bought the fixin's for Easter dinner for me to cook.

My favorite.

Roast Duck.

That whoooshing sound? My decision to not indulge flying out the window.

Food

Post PCP snack

nothing - too rushed to get going

Breakfast

hard boiled egg. Chapati. chocolate milk (whoops). carrots

mid-morning snack

driving

Lunch

chapati. tuna. spinach and arugula. red bell pepper

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

roast duck and steamed asparagus and half a glass of wine

Evening Snack

Are you kidding? didn't happen.



4 comments:

  1. I don't think you're nuts. Sounds like you're taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gravity has made an alliance with vanity and is going to force you to buy new clothes!
    How was your Duck? I don't think it was possible not to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! You're looking and sounding strong and focused. Love that the pants fell down! A sign of true transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Rule of the Plank: don't look down and back! It is inspiring in a scary way...though I am only up to 40-second planks and cannot imagine how I am going to get up to 90 several weeks from now. Y'all are totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete