Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 85 - and 5 more days to go

This morning was hard - mainly because I didn't get enough sleep last night - but I crawled out of bed anyway, got dressed, and stepped out into the rain to do my jump roping and floor hops (man the last two reps were killer) and began to wake up and feel better. I know that we've had a lot of rain this spring, but I am delighted that it came to wash the skies clean. No yellow film over my car this morning!

Doing the shoulder-fly exercises to failure was hard - because it took forever, and failure was not preceded by burning, but a funny ticklish feeling that was uncomfortably weird. The chicken wings were an easy burn, as were the V-sits.

While I feel so much better after my workouts and I'm glad I've done them - this week it's been harder than usual to motivate myself to start them. I tell myself it's because I've had such a crazy schedule and have not been getting enough sleep but still I'm worried about my post-PCP habits ... and I've looked at the workouts ahead and am (squeak) intimidated. I'm definitely going to need to be getting enough sleep and allowing a little extra time for my workouts next week!

And we have a mini-gun update:

Growing slowly ...



Food

Post PCP snack

egg white and yogurt

Breakfast

egg and couscous and asparagus
milky coffee

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

chicken on whole wheat
red bell pepper

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

Egg whites and broccoli rabe.

Evening Snack

Egg white and strawberry milkshake






3 comments:

  1. This is the hardest week in terms of training, but I think after day 90 we can switch to a less strenuous workout and the body won't oppose so much to start. You have managed to get up sooooooo early to exercise during PCP, you are a super heroine with incredible discipline. Post-PCP will be a breeze for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking amazing, Heather! Keep up the good work and finish strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Lili's right, it'll never be tougher than this. Your maintenance plans will look like a day in the park!

    ReplyDelete