Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 87 - 3 more days!

I woke this morning ahead of my alarm, my eyes swollen and sealed shut and my head congested.

Grrr. Arrrrrrgh.

A part of me hopes that since my allergies are hitting me a full month early this year, they will also be over a month early.

But I'm terrified that it will actually mean that my allergies will be a month longer this year.

Sigh.

So I'd better prepare myself for being slightly under-rested and thick-headed for the next few months.

Whimper. On another whiny note - I stubbed my toe yesterday. My little one. The one (I think) I broke a couple of times back when I did Tang Soo Do. Hurts like hell everytime I stub it now. It felt ok when I got up this morning, but after the jump roping, floor jumps, and creep ... it was tender. I hope I haven't broken it again.

I made muffins this morning - the recipe seemed reasonably PCP - whole wheat and all-purpose flour, almonds, not too much sugar or fat: Lucia muffins from 101cookbooks.com

Yum!

You'll note that it calls for saffron. I'm not sure how critical this is. My Dad gave me some saffron that he'd bought in Jordan in 1998 (yeah, way back when... I'm not sure why he never used it. It's expensive, sure, but even more so if you don't use it while it's still useable..) that remarkably enough was still fragrant.

The muffins were divine, though. Barely sweet, nutty, and chewy.

Food

Post PCP snack

egg white and yogurt

Breakfast

Egg and chapati
broccoli


mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

saffron muffin
chapati
arugula
chicken

mid-afternoon snack

milk - not hungry. couldn't face yogurt

Dinner

Egg whites. No veggies. Not hungry

Evening Snack

none. Not hungry. Sleepy and going to bed



2 comments:

  1. I used to have a saffron trafficking business in Morocco. As long as it's fragrant, it's still good to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little toe. I hope it's not broken.
    Your photos are very nice and those muffins look delicious. I will try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete