Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 84 and 6 more days to go.

This morning - the exercises nearly killed me. No, wait, that was the pollen. We've had unseasonably warm weather the past several days (well, the whole season has been weird) and yesterday it hit 91!!! This morning when I got up at 4:45 to jump rope, it was 71.

It's been out of season warm and the plants are going nuts. There is a yellow film over the cars in the parking lot, which does not give me the warm and fuzzy.

So I started jumping rope and by 5 minutes into it I was sneezing and crying up a storm. I didn't quite make the full 18 minutes, I was so miserable, and hurried inside to shower and clear my sinuses. Thank goodness for working in an air-filtered building!

Last night I made banana bread - using up some well-past-done bananas and relieving some stress. My idea was to bake the bread, take it to work, and have a small slice as part of my breakfast. Pushing the boundaries of my last week of PCP, I suppose.

So I ate my egg and broccoli and settled down with a slice of banana bread. I was done with it after 3 or 4 bites. It sat there on my desk for half an hour before I looked at it and thought - I don't want anymore. So I tossed it.

I don't know that I would have ever done that pre-PCP.

Food

Post PCP snack

egg white and yogurt

Breakfast

egg and broccoli. And banana bread.
milky coffee

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

tuna and chicken on pumpernickel and rye
steamed broccoli

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

asparagus. Egg white.

Evening Snack

pineapple. milk. egg white




2 comments:

  1. Good story about the banana bread. If only more people could just stop eating things when they don't need anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pollen attack is horrible. And just when jumping outside was getting better.
    Home made banana bread? Delicious! Do you think a PCP friendly recipe without sugar and low in oil could work?

    ReplyDelete