Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 1

So here it is - the close of Day 1.

So far so good. Going half portions is easy in some places (I know how much oatmeal I usually have for breakfast), less easy in others (how much would I normally have for dinner? Really?) but so far so good.

The exercises ... I was disappointed to have to schedule my workout in the evening (I am SOOOO much more of a morning person) but I couldn't manage both getting enough sleep and getting to work on time - never mind adding a workout - after my regular Thursday evening activities. I not only prefer morning workout because I'm awake - but they rev me up for the day, and I'm always afraid that something will come up, or I'll invent an excuse or distraction to abandon a workout in the evening. And when I am tired I am more prone to insensible decisions like wanting to veg out instead of work out ...

But I did it -

Wow. Jumping rope let me know that I'm not as coordinated as I thought I'd been. I guess I knew that I didn't have any upper body strength, but still managed to get the push ups done. They were ugly, but they weren't on my knees. The squats and crunches were ok - those are exercises I'm used to.

Looking forward to tomorrow - but not so much the loading of my "before" photo. Sigh. You need to face it to address it.

No comments:

Post a Comment