Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 9 - Adapting


This weekend I'm up in Boston visiting the folks. I drove up this morning and am a bit annoyed with myself for waking up ahead of the alarm and then being unable to get back to sleep. Even I, the morning bird, think that waking up a 2:15 am is WAY too early. So I just dozed until I couldn't take any more and got up to do my PCP workout before leaving at 4:30 to drive up to Boston.

It may sound abit like I'm beating my chest about getting up early ... but I sound absolutely pathetic when I need to get to bed by 8. Or earlier.

So I did my workout, and pressed through. The squats are really beginning to burn and the push-ups ... ughhh. To collapse. Feels good AFTER ...during .... not so much. Ditto the leg lifts. Did the jump-roping in as close to continuously as I could manage .. but had to take brief breaks occasionally.

Breakfast

1 hard boiled egg
1 cup milk
1 bowl oatmeal
carrots

This was

a) not as good as yesterday's, but (aside from the oatmeal) easier to travel with
b) finished ... over about a 3 hour interval.

Mid-morning snack

half a mango

I think I managed the mid-morning snack partly because I ate breakfast over a longer window (which might have been cheating) and partly because my morning was a few hours longer than usual

Lunch

spinach
tuna
rice

The weights were estimated, but I think I did pretty well. Except for the spinach. (I think I'd have to eat a carload of spinach to hit the vegetable weight and that was out of the question). But I'm pleased by what I managed away from home and without a scale. I was reheating pizza for my Dad for lunch and spent a moment or two contemplating it. It's still early enough in PCP that I didn't find it difficult to rummage around in the fridge to find what I could to follow my PCP diet... but I definitely got a sense for what I might be craving in the next days/weeks.

Melted cheese. Salt. Sigh.

Dinner

A challenge - Dad wanted Mary Chung's for dinner so ... I attempted to do my best by my PCP diet - rice and baby bok choy (mmmm bok choy), and chicken velvet.

Now ... sleepy ... bedtime for bongo ....

No comments:

Post a Comment