Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 10 - Reflection


I woke this morning a little bit sore and stiff - which I figure is either because of the PCP exercises, or (more likely) doing the exercises and then going to sit in a car for 5+ hours. I slept like the dead for a solid 11 hours (a little sleep deprived and a very long day). Although I woke briefly at my normal time, I rolled over and snuggled back into my dreams (which involved a magic school. A Disney version of Hogwart's. With infants. And fast cars. And Michael Keaton.)

Food

Patrick gave me the thumbs up to spread my eating out, so I hope to be better able to finish my portions for the rest of the week.

Breakfast

1 egg
1 cup milk
2 pancakes

mid-morning snack

1/2 mango

Lunch

2 pancakes
carrots
(no protein - forgot to be prepared for my drive home)

mid-afternoon snack

forgot to be prepared for drive home. Had carrots instead of fruit

Dinner
Steamed Tilapia
Quinoa
cabbage
carrots (sigh ... no more carrots for a day or two)

Evening Snack

mango&milk-shake

Exercise

Today I managed the jump-roping better than yesterday. But jumping out of a car and jumping rope is not a great improvement over jumping rope and then jumping into a car. Blech. The rest of the work out went fine, with two exceptions:

  • I still haven't found a good option for the inclined pull-ups. There was one possibility (or so I thought) at the neighborhood playground, but it was too low to the ground for me to get any leverage for pulling myself up.
  • Push ups - blech. They start out fine, but I had to do the last 3 on my knees. If anyone was listening, there were NOT any whimpering sounds coming from my apartment. I deny everything.

2 comments:

  1. Carrots for fruit is a perfectly fine substitution. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mango milkshake...hmmmm...love these!

    ReplyDelete