Thursday, January 21, 2010

End of Week 1

Day 7 has arrived -

I slept better last night (Woot), but will confess to lying in bed a few minutes longer than I needed to, momentarily intimidated by doing 500 jump-ropes.

Food

I'm expecting that our week 2 diets (which should be arriving this afternoon) will be more restrictive that our week 1 diets. Which, on one hand I'm looking forward to - I think I'm much more of an abstainer than a moderator - which is a way of saying I'm better and find it easier to give up something entirely than to allow myself "moderate" portions. Mostly, I suppose, because "moderate" is not clearly defined and I start playing mental mind games with myself - and have to devote a lot more of my attention to the issue. My main frustration with this past week of half portions - where, with rare exceptions, has been a non-stop argument with myself about how big my "regular" portions would have been.

On the other hand, I'm expecting to have to give up some foods that I really enjoy - say, cheese - and I'm not so much looking forward to that.

But I am curious and (at least initially) excited. I'm going to try to think about what I expect to miss the most in the coming weeks and see if I can squeeze in a half portion today.

other half of my omelet
1 cup coffee
1/2 bowl squash soup
1/2 salad
1/2 plate cheese and crackers

(was going to have 1/2 bowl broccoli cheddar soup .. but didn't like the taste when I got home so tossed it. Not wasting my last half a meal on stuff that doesn't taste good)


Exercise

It turns out the jump-roping was not so bad as I feared. I wasn't sure if we were meant to do them in reps of 70 or not. There was no way I was going to be able to do a straight 500 in a row - so I did them in as long a rep as I could manage. Which turned out to be 100 before my lungs and legs took over my body and stopped the madness.

Was kind of headachy all day - definitely need to get enough sleep tonight!


2 comments:

  1. Everyone's going to trip. If it says 500 that means 500 jumps straight, when you trip just recover and keep going, you're still in the same jumprope "set"

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are good at abstaining, you'll do great at the PCP.

    Sleep, sleep, sleep. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete