Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 6


Good News, Bad News.

The good news is that all my soreness has disappeared.

The bad news is that I think it'll be coming back tomorrow. I also didn't sleep well last night (had trouble falling asleep, which for me means ~30 minutes, kept waking up, and accidentally set my alarm an hour earlier than I'd intended. Grrr). I also had weird dreams involving a warehouse full of early 20th century children's literature and fear of getting frostbite while doing the Tour de France in Chicago. Trust me, by my dream standards this was not particularly strange.

Food

So far so good. Except I made a giant pot of vegetable soup a week ago as part of my resolution to try to clear out my freezer and I am sooooo tired of it. I may just have to abandon the last two servings. Done. What a relief

Peach, raspberry, and almond milk smoothie
1/2 bowl oatmeal
1 cup coffee
1/2 bowl squash soup
1 meatball
1/2 chocolate turtle
1/2 omelet
1 glass wine

Very much to my surprise, I haven't been that hungry today. Hmmmm.

Exercise

Yay! I had 3 clear reps of jump-roping! Maybe I'll graduate to first grade soon :)

I began to feel some strain in the final set of lunges - I expect that will bring back some of my soreness.

The push-ups? The slide from ugly to train wreck has begun. My last two push-ups were a whimpering disaster. I suppose that my first set looked better than when we first started ... but unfortunately, the last push-ups are the memory I'll carry away with me today.

Hey - I finished! And despite not getting a great night's sleep last night, my energy levels were pretty high all day today.

Hope this keeps up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    The push-ups got me today too...but you finished! I wish my energy was as high as yours. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete