Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This is it! La Premiere post

Welcome to Heather's PCP blog. She's going to blow your mind!

Wow. I wish.

Well... maybe:)

So I'll dip my toes into this project. Though I'm really much more of a jump-right-in sort of person. I may circle the waters a bit beforehand - is it cold, are there jellyfish? - but sooner or later (generally sooner, especially if people are watching) I'll just leap right in. Except for that one 4th of July a few years back, when the pier wasn't quite long enough (and the water wasn't quite deep enough) and I found a painful way of marking the date of my last tetanus shot, it's served me well.

So here I go.

I am both nervous and excited to be a part of this project. I am excited to dive in and start a more varied exercise program than I usually do. I am hopeful that 90 days will be long enough to see some serious progress and develop habits I'll carry into the future. I'm looking forward to the benefits of a support group, and (hmm) the visibility. (all right, looking forward to the visibility might not be precisely accurate. ahem).

I'm a bit nervous that I'll fall short and disappoint myself - or that I'll throw myself into it too hard and burn out my enthusiasm. And I'm a little worried that I haven't adequately recognized how much time this will take out of my daily routein.

But overall, I'm more excited than nervous.

So while the enthusiasm is high ...

Bring It On.

No comments:

Post a Comment