Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 13 in which I am sore all over


Energy Levels

*******(8/10)
About the same as yesterday

Food

I keep expecting/fearing that I will get accustomed to eating all this food, but no sign of it so far. 2 more days. Hold on for 1 more day.

Breakfast

scrambled egg with steamed zucchini and ground sage
milk

mid-morning snack

oatmeal and peaches

Lunch

quinoa and rice
steamed tilapia with lemon zest
steamed broccoli

mid-afternoon snack

forgot

Dinner

rice
steamed hake
steamed arugula, fennel bulb, and avocado


Evening Snack

mango and milk-shake

Exercise

I am sore pretty much all over. Which shouldn't be a huge surprise as I finally managed something approximating the inclined pull-up, got my push-up bars, and accidentally did lunges two (now three) days running. But this morning I was excited to do my jump-roping in only 3 discrete sessions (with about a 40 second break between). Maybe by next week ... oh, wait. The number's probably going to ramp up ...

This is what pushing yourself is like. Trying to play catch-up :)

I do need to do more stretching - my legs feel tight and I had to do about half a mile of intervals this morning before my legs felt even close to nice and loose.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, don't get too attached to feelings of doing the exercises "right". A correct strength building exercise should be just on the verge of too hard to complete. We can't always be in that zone but we try to stay near it all the time. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I would love to find tasteful avocados around here! Your menus look delicious!

    ReplyDelete