Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 22 - Week 4 begins

Patrick has just said that it's about this time that our initial flush of enthusiasm will begin to wane. I took a look at today's workout, which because of my personal schedule I cannot do until this evening when I'll be tired and a blizzard is expected, and winced. See, I enjoy working out but have never learned to really push myself more than just an eensy-weensy bit.

So a little part of me deflated at the hill ahead of me. Think of it as a challenge... or better yet, think of it as a test and you'll get inspired. I'm weird. I like tests.

Then I stepped on the scale this morning - Woot! More than 5 lbs lighter than when I started the project!

Still, I expect this week to be hard and will have to pay attention. I've noticed an odd thing - 160 g of broccoli is a whole lot more filling than 160 g of pureed broccoli. Odd that. Is chewing that important? If so, it's a bummer since I love soups.

Food

I've noticed that my taste buds appear to be re-setting. Apples seem much sweeter than they used to. Eggs, chicken and shrimp seem saltier than they used to. Plain steamed veggies seem more flavorful. I like this!

Breakfast

egg
milky tea
broccoli and rice

mid-morning snack

apple

Lunch

rice
steamed shrimp
squash soup

mid-afternoon snack

apple

Dinner

chicken and broccoli and charred poblano chile in chicken stock

Evening Snack

peach and milk shake

Exercise

This evening (blech - hate Fridays and working out in the evening) I timed my PCP workout: 38:44 from stepping out the door with my jumprope (need to get that in before the blizzard) to lying collapsed on the floor after my last crunch.

Factoring in a trip to the gym for some running: 1:28:00

Heh. No wonder I feel like I'm not managing my time well. I guess I'll need to think about how I might streamline that process.

I was also whining to myself, not really wanting to work out after a long week and a long day and just before what looks like a retreat-to-my-cave-and-watch-the-weather-form-within weekend, when I realized: three weeks ago I was huffing and puffing my way through 250 jumpropes and now I don't start feeling the blood flow until about jumprope #800.

Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Fed up, frustrated, and starting to see some changes to your mentality and palate, this is exactly where you need to be right now. Good!

    ReplyDelete