Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 45 - Halfway There!

Can we really be half-way through the PCP? In some (most) ways it feels to me like we've just started ...

I had thought to have a blog entry on my reflections on the project thus far - surprised, good and bad, and obstacles expected and unexpected.

Unfortunately, after a late night and poor sleep, I woke with a headache and in a dreadfully bad mood. I took a couple of pain killers, hoping to kill the headache so I could do my PCP workout and started my day ...

For my birthday, a good friend of mine gave me a mushroom patch, and yesterday morning I collected a "crop":
Look at that baby! And look at the surprise inside:
So I sauteed that up with some zucchini and an egg and served it up on a chapati for breakfast:

Food

Breakfast

egg, zucchini, oyster mushroom and chapati
milky coffee

mid-morning snack

egg white

Lunch

chapati pizza with clams. (not great, but the only protein I had at home, except eggs)

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

apple.
banana.
egg white.

Evening Snack

fruit salad and yogurt

Exercise

Did my PCP. not a great idea. My headache blossomed into a killer. stoooooopid. So although the day started out ok, it crashed and burned. I was in a foul, unhappy mood, feeling guilty until I did my PCP workout and then regretting it afterwards, and not wanting to do anything. Peevish and silly.

And, OMG, did I crave something salty. I don't know that I've ever had a craving so strong before. To be honest, I have no idea how I managed to not fall off the PCP diet. It helped that I recognized at least a part of my craving as being an ugly old habit of trying to eat my way into a better mood, but still.... I just put off and put off and put off falling off until it was time to go to bed.

I did NOT help that I'm more of a savory person than a sweet person - and with yogurt, apple, banana, fruit, and more yogurt after noon ... I get really tired of the sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment