Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 40

Thanks for all the positive vibes people! I'm using my "guilt" to throw myself even harder into my workouts ... we'll see how long that lasts :)

I don't think I can really see it in my weekly photos ... but I do think that I can see progress! Which is a boost to my motivation. I don't think that I'll be where I want to be on day 90 - but, you know, I'm ok with that. I'm pretty optimistic that I'll have some good habits in place and be able to continue (in all likelihood a little slower) to make progress. So I'm in a good mood

Food

Breakfast

I paid for not finishing my dinner/snack last night and was STARVING this morning.

egg with cayenne and paprika and broccoli on toasted wheat pita
milk and coffee

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

toasted wheat pita, tuna, spinach, and red pepper - didn't finish: not hungry and too rushed at work.

When Patrick sent out our diets last week, I thought that I'd have problems. But I've not been as hungry as I expected to be. Perhaps because I've been more tired than I'm used to being. But that's a positive change: I used to feel an urge to eat when tired, hoping for more energy. Now I don't. Yay! Although, judging by how hungry I was this morning after last night's incomplete meal, I expect that not finishing was not a good idea.

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

I had dinner out with a client - so had no choice over the restaurant (which had a menu surprisingly deficient of vegetarian options - just two creamy pasta dishes that were very non-PCP), and it's not obvious how to substitute for an apple, a bananna, and an egg white on a restaurant menu with limited vegetarian options. So I had grilled swordfish with zucchini. Which was mis-leading as the zucchini = 1 baby zucchini. Tasty - but really, too salty.

Evening Snack

none.
Exercise

Today's workout WHUPPED my A$$. I think I loathe every day that involves:

Today, for some reason, they were more difficult than most days. Grrrrr. Arrrggggghhh!

1 comment:

  1. They didn't whup your ass, you whupped theirs. Only walking away and skipping the push-ups would have been a victory for them.

    ReplyDelete