Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 29 - and Week 5 begins.


And it begins with a concern that I'm going to find this week hard. I woke this morning feeling negative and discouraged. Stepped on the scale, and very little change from last week. Looking at my weekly photo ... and I see little change.

Nevermind that I feel different, better, stronger - I still wanted to curl up under the covers and give up for the day - but given that I'd had weird dreams involving trying to rent a bicycle to cross a mountain range and instead wasgiven two folding stools with wheels on them - I got up and did my exercises.

This time, the magic worked, and I was in a push through it frame of mind for the rest of the day.

Food

I had to make yogurt last night for my new diet - wow, an 80 ml snack is not a lot. Barely enough for me to even realize I'd eaten anything!

Breakfast

egg
broccoli
rice
milk

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

rice
steamed broccoli and red pepper
salmon

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

celery
egg white
avocado

kind of a non-dinner. hungry

Evening Snack

mango and milk shake.

Hungry still. Time for bed.
Exercise

I had to push myself to do it all - and the frog jumps are killer! but ended in a better mood than I started, so all's good.

Though I am seriously reconsidering being able to do any other sort of work out while on PCP. If there's any energy and will - there certainly isn't any time! But I miss the mental plus of going for a run ... :(

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we will have to adapt first to the new intensity of work out and less food before attempting to do any extra sport.
    I think it helps to think how stronger, lighter and full of energy we will be in some weeks and how that will improve the quality of running, yoga, capoeira, etc.
    When PCP finishes you will be running like the wind :)

    Those frog jumps really hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HeatherLin - just wanted to repeat what Lili has said: think about this as your main activity and that it is doing you lots of good for when you return to your running. It's a three month change in routine for greater rewards later.

    ReplyDelete