Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 31 - Indulgence




So I used my indulgence today - had a meal without worrying overmuch about PCP. I hosted brunch myself, so had control over the menu:

bacon
lox
scrambled eggs (It was supposed to be an Emu egg - but cool as the shell was... inside wasn't quite so fresh. Fortunately, I'd thought that perhaps not everyone would be so excited to eat an emu egg so had lots of regular eggs on hand)

spinach pie
scones
croissants

fruit salad (apples, pears, grilled pineapple with a dressing of orange juice and honey)
uniq fruit (thick rind - tastes like a cross between a grapefruit and an orange)

orange juice
coffee
mueslix

So I stayed on my PCP diet - but didn't weigh out portions. I'd initially intended to eat my breakfast and mid-morning snack beforehand - but slept late and after doing my PCP exercises (Oi! those frog jumps are killer) and running around prepping for guests ... time slipped away and it didn't happen.

You know, reading other people's blogs and their indulgences ... and their subsequent disappointments... and I thought that I would feel differently. That I would not be disappointed with my indulgence.

I was dead wrong. Well, mostly wrong. I did enjoy the non-counting things out part of it. THAT I got right. But the food ... not so much. It tasted good, but I would have enjoyed a plate of steamed veggies just as much and wouldn't have felt so ickky after - a little over full, a little over-sugared, a little why'd I do that?

Which is both disappointing and pleasing. I'm delighted that the PCP diet (the food, not the having to weigh out the portions all the time) has become more of a habit than a diet. I'm now much more optimistic than I was earlier in the program about how much of this PCP thing I'd carry away with me after 90 days.

But now I need to think about how I'm going to manage dinner. I'm still not hungry, but will need the energy for tomorrow's workout.

1 comment:

  1. I could make a meal out of scones & fruit salad. :) Someday on down the road, I'm totally making *that* a splurge meal.

    Glad to hear that you're looking optimistically past the 90-day point. It does seem more doable than I would've guessed at the outset!

    ReplyDelete