Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 44


It's interesting - while everyone around me has been mainly supportive of my PCP efforts, and interested (if not at all jealous) in my workouts and diet - whenever I actually mention losing weight, I get two reactions: noises of encouragement, or "you don't need to lose weight". Well - define need. I'm carrying around more storage energy than I'm likely to need short of an adventure in the desert or some sort of cataclysmic disaster. To them I simply point out that I'm planning to run a marathon in November, and if I'm going to run another 26.2 miles (plus training), I'm not interested in carrying with me 20 or so pounds of non-contributing weight.

Food

Breakfast

(late)
egg, zucchini & chapati


mid-morning snack

egg white

Lunch

chapati, broccoli rabe, spinach

mid-afternoon snack

no time (late lunch, meeting friends from out of town for dinner)

Dinner

out to dinner - so no apple/bananna/egg white: iceberg garden salad (blech)

Evening Snack

fruit and yogurt

Exercise

Barely made it through my PCP exercises - dead tired


1 comment:

  1. I had a bizarre conversation with a girl I know who told me that she liked the weight I'd lost already but that she didn't want me to lose any more. I tactfully explained that I wasn't doing it for her benefit but for my own.

    Similarly, your acquaintances may feel they are being polite or that you are doing it for their benefit, which, of course, you aren't. Keep up the good work, HeatherLin.

    ReplyDelete