Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 35

Wow. Over a third the way through our PCP already - and I'm fighting the crave. I don't crave anything in particular ... I'm just shaking the bars of my cell, saying I don't want to be here anymore. We had lunch brought into the office yesterday and I looked at the pizza and felt ENVY. I didn't particularly want a piece of pizza. In fact I actively didn't (it's greasy), but ... I envied the ability to just have a slice.

I think that what I am really struggling with is the time lost to PCP, which is making me feel a bit caged. Especially this week, since I had a full weekend and didn't prep my meals for the week.

On the plus side, I'm feeling thinner and stronger, although I can't really see the difference yet. My pants are looser in the waist, but a little more snug in the thighs.


Food

Breakfast

Rice, broccoli egg stir-fry

mid-morning snack

yogurt (plain w/marmalade)

Lunch

rice
steamed broccoli and bok choi
avocado
salmon

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt (plain w/marmalade)

Dinner

broccoli, bok-choi, and egg white

Evening Snack

fruit salad and yogurt -and I was STARVING! (even the thought of an iceberg lettuce salad was appealing)

Exercise

I've ordered a new jumprope - but today I just couldn't face wrestling with tripping all over the place, in the dark, in the cold - so treated myself to running quarter mile intervals at tempo (the pace I'd LIKE to be able to race at but can't) pace.


3 comments:

  1. The human mind can roll with just about anything except being told it CAN'T do something. So what you're feeling is totally normal, and a good sign. Facing your cravings, and seeing them as a healthy mind in action, not a failing, will keep you on the right course.

    Keep blogging it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, I feel you.
    Just had an inner brat attack myself.
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described it perfectly--I can't really say I want to actually ingest whatever food, but I envy the ability to eat it without thinking twice. And I guess I just kind of envy the ability to eat **at all** without weighing, checking, and thinking so darn much about it.

    I feel you on the time thing too. My workouts take about 90 minutes, and the food prep on top of that--that's a really big chunk of time to give up every day. I get a lot of comfort/support/motivation knowing that there are others going through it too. Doesn't give me the time back, but does let me know I'm not alone.

    Hang in there--you're doing SO well.

    (Also--how awesome that your treat to yourself was a different form of cardio! Not a food cheat, but a run! That's pretty awesome. Just sayin'.)

    ReplyDelete