Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 52



Well - you know what they say about best laid plans and all ...

Despite my best intentions, I overslept 2 HOURS yesterday morning and did not have time to do my PCP workout before leaving (an hour late) for Boston and then did not have time to get to them later in the day.

Which tells me in a giant way how much sleep I needed to make up - and probably still need to make up.

I also forgot to bring my resistance band with me so could only get partway through my PCP workout this morning (ah ... spring is FINALLY on the way and it was a beautiful morning for a workout) and tacked on some squats and creeps 'cause it felt good.

After the long drive back to NJ, I thought for sure I'd cave and fail doing the rest of the PCP workout - but I didn't!

YaY me! I also threw in some dips and a plank! Maybe I should take my temperature or something ....

But now the rest of the evening is for my indulgence:


Wine! And chips! (salt and alcohol weeee!)

but to put it in perspective:
A single glass of wine (I love these little bottles - no need to open a full bottle when all you want is a glass!) and a bowl of chips, zoned out in front of the boob tube to watch the shiny-glossy-people in my former town: LA.

To be honest, I think I'm more excited about the prospect of just kicking back than the actual indulgence, but we'll see how it goes ...

5 comments:

  1. This is one of the funniest indulgences ever. Something just cracks me up about that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been craving junk food up until now. Wow, those chips look delicious. And for some reason I find that pairing exquisite. haha I wonder what a wine enthusiast would say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice for your indulgence. And you were wise buying only the tiny bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, those look good! Haven't had Ruffles in ages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it was nice, HeatherLin. And like you, I need to start finding ways of 'kicking back' with healthy food. So much of relaxing is tied up with eating junk food.

    ReplyDelete