Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 74

And my ankles are still sore. But I still can't bring myself to regret my run...

Wait a minute. It occurs to me very belatedly that throwing some one-footed jump roping in the same weekend I start throwing in a long run might not have been the best idea ever. Doh!

There was something I was supposed to do this weekend, but I find it kind of stressful and kept putting it off and putting it off and ... didn't do it. So I didn't sleep well last night, stressed about it, and spent some of my valuable PCP time this morning actually doing it. And, having done it, I felt alot better. Except. I’m paying for it all day today. Not enough sleep – low focus. Not done with PCP – a distraction until this evening. Not enough sleep – too much caffeine during the day. Not enough sleep - low mood.

Maybe one of these days, before I'm eighty, I'll learn that a job doesn't get easier by putting it off. In fact, it often gets harder. It's certainly alot more stressful. One of the reasons I like to do my PCP workouts first thing in the morning - then I don't need to worry about finding the time and energy to do it later - my slate is clear. My legs might be giving me lip, but it's done...


Food

Breakfast

chapati, egg, broccoli rabe with sesame oil

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

couscous with chicken (and broth) and braised cabbage

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Post PCP snack

egg white and yogurt

Dinner

Egg whites and a little red bell pepper and avocado

Evening Snack

Pineapple and milk. No - not together.. Ewwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment