Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 65

Wow. Day 65 already.
Add Image
And the weather is GREAT! I had no idea how much I'd missed nice weather until it came back. Yay!

Last week I had three people comment (favorably) on my changing appearance, which was great to hear, though I didn't think it was so very obvious. But still ... Yay me!

Today, because the weather was so nice, I went out and had my first outdoors run of the year. It was only 2 miles because

a) I'd already done my PCP and didn't know what I had left in the tank
b) my left calf was/is pretty tight and while it doesn't hurt it's not comfortable
c) (the main reason) I left the run too late in the day and it was a little over-warm in the sun

Despite the heat and my calf ... it was lovely.

Since last week was a bit of a disaster time-wise, I invested some time today preparing my food for the week:

washing vegetables,

roasting a pepper:

cooking brown rice in beet juice with an onion:

steaming broccoli rabe:

Food

Post PCP snack

egg white and yogurt

Breakfast

it's the weekend and I had time - a rainbow of veggies, including a fresh batch of mushrooms!

egg with tarragon
rye toast
avocado
red bell pepper
steamed broccoli rabe
spinach with garlic and cayenne

non-fat latte

mid-morning snack

yogurt

Lunch

green bell pepper stuffed with brown rice cooked in beet juice and chicken
red bell pepper
sugar snap peas

mid-afternoon snack

egg white with cayenne and cilantro

Dinner

banana. Milk. Egg white.

Evening Snack

egg white


No comments:

Post a Comment