Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 57


I like Fridays. Aside from the normal reason - that the weekend is nearly here - I get excited about Friday's because that is the day I usually take stock of my PCP progress. I weigh myself on Fridays, take my weekly PCP photo on Fridays - and this Friday ... well, while I'd like to say the PCP for me is all about the health and well-being, I would like to point out that I AM human, and today I preened a little bit in front of the mirror, checking out my muscles and steadily slimming form. :)

So - happy dance!

Look - baby guns!

I've also been recording my resting pulse as the project has progressed:
It bounces around a bit - mostly dependent on when I measure it and what I've been doing before hand - but it's dropped from an average of about 64 bpm to being pretty regularly below 55 bpm!

Yes. I am a bit anal :)

Food

My new diet plan is a bit of a surprise this week - more food! I'm not sure how I feel about that. Yay more food! But it's more food in the morning, when I'm already getting more than enough to satiate. I would prefer more food later in the day ...

As far as the PCP diet has been concerned, I definitely feel that I have a built in advantage (aside from loving vegetables and natural foods), in that the balance of my day is in the morning and that is when I usually do my PCP workout. So a typical day is:
  1. get up, putter about
  2. PCP workout
  3. shower
  4. pack food and go to work
  5. breakfast
  6. mid-morning snack
  7. lunch
  8. mid-afternoon snack
  9. home and putter about
  10. dinner
  11. evening snack
  12. and in bed by 8
So most of my food is up front with when I am the most active. If I were a night owl and did my workouts in the evening - I think I'd be STARVING and hating the skimpy dinners.

Breakfast

couscous, egg, and beet greens cooked in beet juice
milky coffee

mid-morning snack

egg white with broccoli

Lunch

egg whites, rye, broccoli and purreed roasted red pepper

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

banana. Milk. Egg white.

Evening Snack
pineapple. Egg white.

Exercise


1 comment:

  1. You are looking VERY good this week! The change is great. Congratulations! Nice arms as well!

    ReplyDelete