Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 53 - The Day After

Well - reflections on my indulgence ...

Overall - both a disappointment and a pleasure. Let me explain. First of all, thus far I have had no side-effects from my indulgence, unless you count general fatigue from staying up too late which is really just my own fault. Second of all ... where I was once a cheap date, now I'm a "practically free" date. I got a little buzz going on half a glass of wine. Thirdly, the indulgence both was and was not all I'd built it up to be in my head.

I enjoyed it, and it tasted good, but not quite as good as I expected it to. So in that sense, a bit of a disappointment. On the other hand, I had also been really worried that my old bad habits would come snapping back as if they had never left, and I'd find myself reaching for more than my allocation of chips, or a second glass of wine. And that was soooo not an issue. I could have stopped eating chips or not finished my glass of wine without any real regrets. The real joy of the evening was the freedom to eat them and to not think about what I should or should not be eating, and I'm ready to go back to my PCP diet.

Well, to be honest, I'm still not wildly excited about the evening meals. Sigh.

Food

Breakfast

rice, corn, artichoke heart, green beans, and egg
milk

mid-morning snack

egg white

Lunch

tuna and arugula on rye

mid-afternoon snack

yogurt

Dinner

banana. milk. Egg white.

Evening Snack

fruit salad and egg white.

Exercise

I'm so tired right now, I can barely remember my PCP workout. The pistol squats are killer - and I've reminded myself once again that I'm happier if I allow a full 24 hours between workouts ... working out last night and then this morning really wore me out. I'm also a little frustrated that I feel that I'm dropping further and further behind in the pull-up and dip departments. Sigh.

And I must be in the minority, but I'd kind of like to have Madonna arms - or, more precisely, Linda Hamilton arms. Not to keep, mind. But I'd not be disappointed to get there. I'm pretty sure I have the cup space to support it :). Not having a "feminine" shape isn't something I think I can achieve without surgery :)

2 comments:

  1. Everyone falls behind in the pull-ups and chest dips! We expect that to some extent!

    Still a hilarious indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on maintaining control as you indulged!

    ReplyDelete